I just got home from my 31st trip to Nicaragua. Can't believe I have been so blessed to go and minister in this country. I am so humbled by God's blessings in my life. I am so honored He allows me to do this. I am writing to you to talk about Operation Education 2014.
I just took all the pictures of the kids and will be working to get them processed and online for sponsoring but there are some things I need to let you know about.
1. Most of you know I have been fighting with the IRS to reinstate my tax exempt status. I have done everything they have asked and they assure me there won't be any problems but my paperwork is sitting in a stack that is now behind by a year and half. They are just now working on applications that were sent in the middle of 2011. Can you believe they are that far behind? Therefore, until further notice I will not be able to give any tax credit. I understand that can be an issue for some of you and understand if you choose not to sponsor a child because of it. I would hope that blessing these children would be more important than the $35 write off but will truly understand if you can't. Every penny counts for lots of us. With that said all checks will need to be made out to me personally, not to The Power of One. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please join me in prayer that this gets corrected ASAP.
2. If you plan on sponsoring the same child from last year I will need to know if you have not told me already. Otherwise I will put your child up to be sponsored. I will need to know ASAP and no later than August 23rd. Some of you I will be contacting personally to let you know that your child has left the program. I had to make some changes and that will affect several of you.
3. School Supplies - it's that time of year again. I am in need of supplies for the kids. Each year the $35 to sponsor only covers the uniform and shoes and backpack. I have been paying out of my own pocket all the school supplies. I am hoping that this year maybe those who live near me would pitch in and help me. I am in need of the following items: (these are the only items I collect)
- Pencils - Crayons - Colored Pencils - Pencil Sharpeners - Erasers - small or large are fine - Ball Point Pens
Since the school supplies are on sale (Walmart has crayons for .25 cents right now) I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me buy a few these items. Maybe you can add a few extra packs of things when you buy your school supplies. Let me know you have them and I'll make arrangements to get them from you. I need the school supplies by the end of September.
4. If you don't currently sponsor a child and would like to please contact me. It's a one time fee of $35 and it allows that child to attend school for the entire year. Very few of my kids drop out through out the year. All of them who attended last year passed their grade which is very rare. We even were noticed by the head of the school system in Somotillo.
As soon as I have the pictures ready I will be posting more about my trip. God allowed me to share the Gospel with all the men in the community and we got to bless lots of people with new shoes and food. Pictures and more details to come.
God Bless all of you,
Please let me know if you have any questions.