Happy Thanksgiving to Ya... I can't believe the end of November is already here. This year has gone by so fast.
Our kids are in their last two weeks of school. They have final exams typically just like we do. Not those crazy EOG's that most school's have but they do have test to finish out the year. Their last day is December 6th.
I have been told already that all the kids have passed to their next grade. This is such a testimony to what God is doing in this community. Rarely do you have everyone passing their grades. Most kids get pulled out of school so much that they never have a chance. Not our kids. The parents in this community are committed to helping them have a future different than they have.
I would like to answer some questions I have received from different emails all at once. If you are not familiar with what I am talking about because you are a new sponsor feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
1. Can I send money to my child? Yes you can but through me. Send me a check and I will cash it and give it to the child.
2. Can I send money for food as as Christmas present? Yes I am collecting money toward this for each family. If I don't receive money from all the sponsors don't worry every family will receive a bad of food. I won't let some get a bag and others not. How Christlike would that be.. :) If you can participate in this project it will free up my other funds to do other things, if not it's ok God will provide.
3. Does my letter have to be in Spanish? No but if it's not I will have to read it to them and that takes up a lot of my time while I am there. If at all possible please go to Google Translate and type what you want to say and then copy that or print it out. This will help me a lot. If you can't I will be happy to help you. You can send it to me in an email and I will translate it for you. I would rather have something than nothing. These kids love getting letters from you.
4. Will we be able to send a box this year? At this time I do not know if that will be possible. Last year my boss sent an extra container and allowed me to put things on it. At this time that is still up in the air if she will send one in January or not. As soon as I know I will let you know.
5. How can I pray for my child? Pray for provision in all areas. Most of these kids eat only one meal a day and that's beans and rice or just rice. Pray for their health. Some are very malnourished from the lack of protein and vitamins. Pray their parents accept Christ and teach them Godly principles as they grown up. Pray for me as I minister to them.
6. Where do I send the letters and money to? Send them to me at the address listed at the end of this message: Make checks payable to The Power of One Ministry. Praise God I have my IRS paperwork and can officially give you a tax deduction again.
7. What are you doing in December? I will be having a party for the kids to celebrate their success and to bless them with the new school supplies and uniforms. I will also bless the kids Sunday School teacher with a curriculum and supplies for them to have Children's Church each week. We will be doing other fun things with the entire community as well as visiting the orphanage I typically visit. In addition to the school supplies, every child in the community will be receiving a gift bag for Christmas and the men and women will receive something also.
8. Can I send my kid something other than money this time? If it is something very small I will take it for you but I only have two luggage bags and one is full with school supplies.
9. When do you need the items from me? No later than the last day of this month or the first of December. I have to get everything packed up a few days before I leave.
10. Will I get a picture of my child? Yes I will be emailing you a picture in the coming days.
I hope this information helps.
Thanks again for blessing these kids. They would never have this opportunity if it was not for you.
God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving from the Honeycutt's.